We are now looking for professional and talented individuals!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilson, Tibor and Maves, Ltd. is a multi partner small CPA firm located in Rochester, MN. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to help with tax return preparation, financial statement compilation , and audit procedures, as well as many other tasks and projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Prepare simple and intermediate level individual, business, and non-profit tax returns
- Compile financial statements
- Assist with audit procedures
- Assist with tax planning and research
- Work in team environment with experienced CPA's and preparers
- Understand and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications when completing engagements
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- CPA or CPA candidate.
- 1-3 years current experience with a public accounting firm.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
- Experience with UltraTax and Quickbooks software
- Customer-service oriented, shown by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
- Professional demeanor and appearance necessary at all times.
- Apply independent thought process when working on special projects.
- Prioritize workflow and manage multiple deadlines within required time constraints.
- Work efficiently and have flexibility to changes in schedule and work hours during “busy season.”
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
We are also looking for a seasonal (January -April) tax preparer
Seasonal Tax Preparer
- Knowledge and experience with basic accounting concepts involved in tax return preparation
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client service interaction, with an ability to handle pressure in a positive, professional manner
- Available for work during the months of January- April, including some Saturday's if business needs dictate
- Prepare and assist with simple to complex tax returns for individuals and businesses
- Perform tax research where appropriate
- Perform all work in compliance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Review information provided by clients and interviewers, as well as copies of previous tax returns, wage statements from employers and year-end interest and dividend summaries
- Accurately prepare tax return work papers (business returns)
- Prepare and check tax returns, forms and schedules
- Perform office duties as required and assist other staff members in other departments as needed